POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Double Layering Grass [170KB] : Double Layering Grass [170KB] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Double Layering Grass [170KB]
From: Slashdolt
Date: 21 Jan 2003 22:08:40
Message: <3e2e0b38@news.povray.org>
I used Gilles Tran's makegrass macro to do this, but instead of just running
it once, I ran it twice.  I ran the macro once to make the "dead" grass, and
then changed the parameters and ran it again to make the green grass.

For the dead grass, I simply caused it to bend more, and made it very thin
and "spiney", as I've noticed most dead grass seems to be very thin.  It
seemed to add tons more realism by doing this.

I've thought further about adding more and more "layers".  For example there
could be a dead "mat" or "thatch" layer of grass at the very bottom, laying
mostly horizontal.

Just some ideas...

(Image created with basic settings, no radiosity, ambient 0.1, light source
is fairly low)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dblgrass.jpg' (168 KB)